WatchGuard Firewall Sales, Implementations, & Cybersecurity Consulting
Avoid cybersecurity threats with WatchGuard Firewall solutions. Point North Networks, Inc. is your local Minneapolis WatchGuard ONE MSSP Partner.
Managed Security Solutions
Build and Enforce Cybersecurity Policies
Cyber attacks are at an all-time high.
Cyber criminals see small- to midsize businesses as easy targets. But you can have the same dedicated IT security team as a large business with our’ managed security solutions.
Don’t stress about adding dedicated headcount.
Point North Networks has WatchGuard Firewall solutions to help you stay ahead of cyber attacks without disrupting day-to-day business operations.
Minimize operational complexity.
Maximize your IT investments and experience a significant reduction in risk by partnering with a Twin Cities Managed Service Provider that specializes in security.
We understand your needs.
All businesses are unique. We design, deploy, and configure the perfect security solution for your business, whether it’s the network, Wi-Fi, or endpoints – for both physical and virtual environments.
Enforce security policies.
Protect your data with intelligent cyber attack prevention, detection, and response services that provide total security against the most advanced threats, including ransomware and evolving malware.
Advanced cybersecurity risk reporting.
Our reports demonstrate increased value in your IT investments, regulatory and compliance adherence, and a clear understanding of your business environment, including customer analytics through Wi-Fi engagement.
Minnesota’s Expert WatchGuard Firewall Consultants
Your managed IT secret service.
Point North Networks, Inc. provides customized WatchGuard Firewall services for companies in the Minneapolis – Saint Paul, MN area and beyond. A successful business needs advanced managed security in all aspects of their business. We can help you to avoid cyber threats through the implementation of managed security solutions that will increase your productivity. Point North Networks takes a proactive approach to managed cyber security by anticipating potential problems and ensuring the necessary systems are in place to prevent them. Our team of IT professionals and our managed security partners are the best in the industry and provide the knowledge and expertise you need to make technology work for you.
Minnesota’s Cyber Security Experts
We know cyber security and you know your business.
Our consultants at Point North Networks, Inc. work with you to find the IT solutions for all your managed security needs. We create a customized roadmap that takes into account what your current cyber security threats are, and how cyber attacks can hurt your business. Understanding your unique business gives us the ability to implement scalable solutions that will grow with you as your business grows. Our continued managed security services reliably protect your business from cyber attacks.
Three Best Practice Tips to Preventing Ransomware Attacks
The number of ransomware attacks has exploded over the past few years, infecting millions of computers and costing companies millions of dollars. We recommend three best practices that every organization, regardless of size, should employ.
1. EDUCATION AND AWARENESS
We hate to say it, but your largest attack vector is also your weakest. Many of your employees have never heard of phishing or a man-in-the-middle attack, and hackers know that. It’s critical that you educate your employees about the most common attack methods and how to avoid them, such as:
- Never click on links provided in an email. Type or copy the address into the browser to prevent unknowingly opening a masked link to a malicious website.
- Be cautious when opening email attachments. This is a common method of attack for ransomware.
- When visiting a website, pay attention to the URL. Common malicious sites include URLs with IP addresses at the beginning or a supposedly secure site that doesn’t use HTTPS.
- Spoofed email addresses are another method to acquire sensitive information. Never send personal information over email. We recommend biting the bullet and just making a phone call.
- Never, ever share your password with someone over email. Legitimate companies never request credentials over email.
2. BACKUP. BACKUP. BACKUP.
While preventing threats and attacks is always your ideal method of defense, you should always have a Plan B. In the case that an advanced malware attack, specifically ransomware, takes hold of your system, regularly performing data backups can provide peace of mind that your data is retrievable. Here are few tips for backing up your information:
- Offline backups are key. Modern ransomware can find and encrypt your network storage.
- Simplify your backups as much as possible. Create a global share that can store all of your most important information, and leverage data partitions when possible.
- Automate your backups when possible. Don’t let a human error make you miss a back-up.
3.DEFENSE IN DEPTH
Ransomware attacks look to leverage every attack vector possible. The more layers of security that you have in place, the greater chance you have of stopping an attack that another layer could miss. These types of attacks are able to morph into something unique, evading traditional signature-based detection methods. Here are just a few critical security layers your organization should have in place:
- Protect your network. Ransomware uses the network to not only connect to a malicious server and gain the encryption key, but also leverages the network to spread the attack throughout an organization.
- Leverage network sandboxing to detonate zero-day threats. Network sandboxing is a great tool for detonating unknown malware without risking the security of your devices.
- Gain visibility into endpoint devices. Ransomware attacks often start on endpoint devices. Having visibility into the event activity of these devices makes it possible to detect and remediate the threats before the damage is done.
- Connect the dots between the network and endpoint. Correlating event data from the network and endpoint provides a comprehensive evaluation of your overall threat landscape.